STV is actively seeking a Light Rail & Transit Systems Integration Engineer in Boston, MA as part of our Transportation and Infrastructure Division. The Candidate will have a proven record of experience in rail communications systems, rail electrification including AC and DC traction power, OCS and third rail systems; and signal system design and/or implementation.
Experience in construction of transit systems and transit systems testing and commissioning is also required. Candidate will work with system design elements including substation, power distribution, fiber transmission network, data and voice communications, signals and train control systems.
Candidate should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be interested in being part of a dynamic team growing within a major architecture and engineering firm
The Systems Integration Engineer will be responsible for:
- Developing Systems Integration and Interface Management Plans
- Develop Integration Test and Acceptance plans including testing forms, procedures for testing, and approval steps.
- Coordinate and integrate all System interfaces so that the System is properly integrated with itself, existing systems, and into the Project area, including the right-of-way, the surrounding communities, and all facilities, equipment, and data provided by others.
- Establish and maintain a systematic, documented, comprehensive, and verifiable systems integration process to be applied throughout the duration of the Project.
- Develop and coordinate Interface Control Documents.
- Develop and Maintain Systems Interface Matrix.
- Provide oversight of systems integration testing.
- Provide oversight of systems acceptance testing.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in Transit system designs or Systems Integration.
- Experience in Railroad signaling/wayside, traction power, and communications validation testing.
- Demonstrated initiative, drive, leadership, communication, & interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization and planning skills – document control and reporting.
- Computer literate; MS Office, MS Project or Primavera, Rational ReqPro or Doors, etc.
- Self-motivated, must work well with others.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.