Ready to put your engineering skill to work on marquee infrastructure design projects that will change the urban fabric of our community? Do you enjoy being involved on a wide variety of engineering tasks on large scale structural projects? Parsons Rail and Transit Group is seeking a mid-level structural engineer to perform project services, working in a team environment in the preparation of calculation, plan and specification for work related to transit stations, buildings, underground structures and bridges for new and rehabilitation type projects. Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance. We need our engineers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environment and who have exceptional communication, analytical and management skills. Responsibilities:
- Perform design and analysis work related to transit stations, buildings, underground structures and bridges.
- Duties include the preparation of calculations, drawings and specifications for new and rehabilitation type projects.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 5-8 years’ experience with focus on transit structures
- 4-year degree in Civil Engineering (or related field) with a focus on structural engineering.
- Knowledge of current codes, including New York and New Jersey State Building Codes, AREMA and AASHTO
- Professional Engineering License – New York/New Jersey preferred.
- Working knowledge of design software packages such as STAAD, SAP, RAM and RISA.
- A working knowledge of CAD and BIM (Revit or AECOSIM) software.
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.