Rail System and Software Test Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • Engineering Services
Talent & Acquisition is headquartered in LA with office hubs in NYC and ATL. We have built a strong reputation throughout the IT Infrastructure community by consistently matching top-tier fits to many Fortune 500 Enterprises. We pride ourselves in finding out exactly what our client needs and providing the right fit for their organization.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform requirements analysis for customer-specified Positive Train Control (PTC) system requirements
- Develop system documentation including test requirements, test plans, test cases, use cases, test procedures, test reports and automated test scripts.
- Write and debug automated test scripts in Linux environment using TCL custom scriptinglanguage.
- Create, update and execute manual and automated test procedures and test scripts.
- Develop system test concepts for laboratory and field tests.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- 4 or more years of software engineeringexperience
- Experiencewith any of these tools: bash (Bourne shell), XML, Wireshark, and either TCL, Python, Perl.
- Familiarity with C/C++ & Java programming
- Experiencewith UNIX/Linux platform
- Experience engaging with customer representatives for requirements analysis, testing and system documentation
- Experience analyzing system requirements in a test environment
- Experience preparing system documentation, test plans, or test procedures
- Experience writing and debugging automated test scripts
- Experiencewith software integration builds
- Knowledge of SDLC at an Enterprise level
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers Additional Experience:
- Experiencewith freight railroad or transit agency projects Education or Certification
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field, M.S. is preferred