As Rail Signal/Systems Engineer working on a ground floor project with Valley Metro , you will be responsible for organizing, managing and inspiring staff to achieve program objectives. Working with an elite team of multidisciplinary systems professionals you will support major technical programs including control of scope, schedule and budget; manage owner and stakeholder interests; and coordinate and build partnerships both internally and externally to achieve goals. During your time with us, you will also have the opportunity to work with others to promote CH2M (now Jacobs) and develop opportunities for new work. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- A Bachelors degree in an Engineering discipline (if they don’t want to call this an engineer or use an engineering job code, you can put “Or an additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree” right after the above – but you have to change the title and ensure you’re not using an engineering job code)
- A minimum of 6-10 years of experience in the rail signaling industry in the U.S.
- Experience with commuter rail, metro and Light Rail Transit signaling with emphasis on brown field upgrades and Light Rail Transit Knowledge of and experience in the design and implementation of Rail Signaling, Grade Crossings, Traction Power Systems, Overhead Catenary Systems and Communications Systems including but not limited to modeling and simulations, preliminary design, detailed design, Reliability Maintainability and Safety (RAMS), programming, field testing, and V&V
- Demonstrated experience in specification development, engineering procedure development, standards development, financial management, estimating, etc. Knowledge of railway operations, system safety, RAMS and associated requirements.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- A Masters degree in Engineering or related technical discipline
- Professional Engineering license and PMP
- Experience with a wide variety of vendor equipment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written, including technical writing) is required.
- Demonstrated experience in training, mentoring and working with staff and educating clients