HNTB, a recognized leader in rail transportation and rail systems, is seeking a Rail Signal Engineer IIIin our Rail Systems Group on one or more rail projects out of our Northeast Division in our New York City or Newark, NJ office .
Within a given discipline, is fully competent to complete engineering-related tasks including research, development, calculations, design and delivery with minimal direction. On tasks basis, is responsible for preparation and completion of discipline engineering efforts that are responsive to project needs. Coordinates preparation of design details, plans, and drawings within assigned task areas.
- Responsible for completion of discipline engineering project elements such as reports, designs, specifications and plans.
- Responsible for coordination and productivity of subordinates. Provides technical guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Works closely with other disciplines and multi-discipline projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completes electrical rail signal designs with minimal direction
- Responsible for preparation and completion of rail signal electrical engineering designs that are responsive to project needs
- Coordinates preparation of design details, plans, and drawings within assigned task areas
- Helps supervise, schedule and check work of project team members
- Works closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects
- Responsible for productivity of subordinates and on time, on budget projects
Bachelor's degree in Engineering
5 years relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineer certification(s) (PE) in MA, NY, NJ, PA, CT is a plus; or EIT
- 5 or more years of signal design experience in:
- Advanced Train Control Systems
- CAB Signaling
- ATP/ATO signaling, Mircoprocessor and relay based interlocking
- Block Signal Systems
- Highway Crossing Warning Systems
- Positive Train Control and CBTC systems preferred
- Experience in writing test plans and procedures, cutover staging plans, and system acceptance plans and reports;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products (outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Experience with and ability to design on screen with AutoCAD, Promis
- e, MicroStation and other CADD software