STV, Inc. currently has an opening in our New York City office for a Rail Project Engineer for our Transportation & Infrastructure division. This person will primarily perform project design, delivery and construction support activities on rail and transit projects including but not limited to design projects for public agencies in the NY Metropolitan area.
The Rail/Track Project Engineer will collaborate with and work with a team of architects & engineers designing and producing a variety of rail and transit design projects, including preparing proposal support, renderings, drawings, details, material selection, and assisting in developing plans, specifications, reports, coordinating with manufacturers, site reconnaissance and contributing to project management, scheduling and planning. This position may also involve coordinating and overseeing the work of lower-level design staff on the project team.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture or Engineering is required
- Minimum of 5-10 years of transit designexperiencerequired
- NY PE License is preferred but not required
- Basic proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit, Photoshop & Rhino is required
- Proficiency with MicroStation and Microsoft Office is a plus
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work on a team and communicate with clients.