- The System Administrator ensures the reliable daily operation of computer system hardware, the operating system, database engine and peripherals that support PACS that includes after hours support for both planned and unplanned outages.
- These systems include PACS, RIS, Voice Recognition and others that may be used in the Imaging department. Must also have an understanding of Radiology processes and its different modalities, how they function and interact/interface with one another.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will have IT healthcare experience supporting the Radiology department and systems.
- The ideal candidate will have experience supporting GE PACS
- Serves as liaison between IT Systems Administration, Imaging equipment, and Radiology Management for PACS related issues working to ensure the PACS meets the continually evolving Business need.
- Provide network support for internal systems and interface with IT consultants supporting hardware and relevant applications. Demonstrated ability to proactively analyze and anticipate impacts of any changes or modifications, technical or operational. Demonstrated knowledge of PACS systems analysis concepts, techniques, tools, and standards required. Demonstrated knowledge of Radiology applications and the integration between the Radiology system and the PACS system. Managing licensing, general system security and security certificates (SSL) in conjunction with IT System Administration.
- Ensures appropriate coordination/integration between Hospital systems and the PACS. Responsibilities include PACS system maintenance, management support and trouble-shooting. Provides technical and functional analysis, system building, and support during system implementation. In conjunction with Workforce Technology Services, manage Radiology Workstations to ensure they are performing optimally.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree – field of study: Computer Science or healthcare systems
- ***Emphasis on supporting the Radiology department and IT systems
- ***in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, an Associates’ degree and two (2) additional years (totaling 7) of professional IT related experience will be considered
- Five (5) years IT healthcare experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience supporting the Radiology department and systems
- Background in supporting GE PACS
- Knowledge of DICOM, TCP/IP. Complete working knowledge of radiographic equipment in the department as it relates to the operation and interaction with PACS
- Preferred Certification: CIIP, CPSA, CPAS, CDIP, RT