Description: Supervises all day to day operations for Radiology departments in multiple sites, ensuring appropriate staffing, productivity standards, high quality service, and high member satisfaction through collaboration with Labor, MAPMG and Health Plan personnel.
- Collaborates with Radiologists, Service Area Manager and Service Line Managers ensuring clinically standardized and quality focused care to all members.
- Ensures adherence to currently established departmental policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Manages appointment access to comply with regional targets and develops action plans for areas not meeting those targets.
- Supervises and ensures day to day operational effectiveness of department.
- Supervises all staff within the department maintaining safe staffing levels within productivity standards and procedure guidelines.
- Ensures adherence to policies regarding accreditation standards from ACR, FDA/ MQSA, as well as state regulations for Maryland, Virginia, and/or the District of Columbia.
- Performs internal departmental audits regularly to include management of CND, incomplete studies, etc.
- Rounds the department daily presenting results and follow up action plans when necessary.
- Supports the development, documentation, monitoring, training, and orienting of all department employees.
- Supports monitoring tools that were developed to assess quality and establish consistency throughout the department.
- Attends and supports the department in Center/ Cluster QI meetings.
- Supports the process and culture of continuous performance and quality improvement.
- Manages department operating budget (to include payroll, non payroll and agency), maintaining budget neutral or positive variances, outlining appropriate action plans to correct deficiencies.
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude with peers, patients, families/significant others, medical center staff, physicians, and visitors.
- Minimum seven (7) years of clinical Radiologyexperience in one (1) modality required, but a second modality preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a supervisor or lead role in Radiology department.
- Previous financial and performance management experiencerequired.
- Bachelor's degree in radiological science or applicable field required OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- ARRT or equivalent certification required.