Provides oversight to the Department Managers regarding Radiology Services and the provision of safe, compassionate care that meets high quality and safety standards. Ensures that department managers provide leadership in staff engagement, development and training. Provides department budget development, implementation and monitoring; oversees the capital equipment requests and project implementation process; oversees the timely resolution of staffing and labor issues; promotes quality and safety; and demonstrates dynamic leadership in the following modalities including, but not limited to, MRI, Ultrasound, X-Ray, Nuclear Medicine, CT and Radiology Support Services. The Director works under the general oversight and has a direct reporting relationship to the Vice President of Ambulatory Care Services and is the primary liaison to the Section Chief of Radiology Services.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsibility: Actively supports and advances the Quality Work Plan for improving performance in department/unit and programs for purposes of making ACH better.
- Develops quality improvement processes that include goals and performance targets.
- Leads and supports ongoing activities that promote safe practices and a safe environment.
- Holds self and staff accountable for assigned duties as reflected in performance evaluation processes.
2. Responsibility: Talent Management - Building Effective Teams by attracting highly skilled workers, integrate new staff to their jobs and into the organization, and develops and retains skilled workers to meet current and future business objectives.
- Coordinates a hiring and selection process that is fair and equitable in its evaluation and placement of the most qualified individuals for meeting job-specific and departmental needs.
- Maximizes resources to provide employees with tools, resources and an environment to succeed.
- Maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results
- Implements development plans for employees that will strengthen current and future capabilities and enable them to contribute fully in their job role and the organization.
3. Responsibility: Fiscal Management and Resource Utilization
- Prepares, justifies and administers departmental and program budgets
- Maximizes and manages allocated resources to achieve desired departmental and program results (staffing, space, equipment and supplies).
- Leads strategies to improve financial performance for assigned areas and hospital, including expenses, revenue and productivity.
4. Construction and Capital Equipment Purchases
- Collaborates n space, design and construction planning
- Proactively communicates regarding current and future space, furniture, design or construction needs to ensure appropriate budgeting and planning of projects.
- Evaluates and selects Capital Equipment in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Facilitates communication between design team, construction team and vendors regarding equipment installation
- Oversees planning for use of space, equipment and patient schedule modifications during construction periods
5. Daily Operations
- Supports managers and team leads in directing daily operations of the department and setting goals and action plans.
- Oversees downtime planning and ensures written plans are in place
- Provides guidance and support to radiology schedulingtemplates, appointment coordination and accurate patient scheduling
- Provides guidance and facilitates communication to management teams responsible for ensuring proper working condition of equipment, imaging and radiology related information technology products
- Participates in contract development and review related to research initiatives, equipment purchases or leases, equipment service, school affiliations and reviews invoices associated with contracts to ensure proper billing
6. Develops and maintains professional expertise in radiological care
- Leads Radiology team in planning, implementing, analyzing, improving and maintaining systems, procedures and processes
- Applies clinical and technical knowledge to translate goals and objectives into operational plans
- Evaluates new technology and clinical knowledge to improve operational efficiency and fiscal impact
- Works with Radiology schools to train new practitioners and identifies new educational needs
- Monitors department staffing plans based on volumes, patient acuity, anticipated workload, skill mix and competency
- Ensures compliance with all applicable Federal and State regulatory agencies and scope of practice acts.
- Required - Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university - Field of Study: Business, Leadership, Process Improvement, Clinical preferred
- Preferred - Master's degree or equivalent degree
- Required - 5 years total experience required, which includes 3 years of additional healthcare leadership experience
- Preferred - 2 years Business experiencepreferred
CERTIFICATION / LICENSE / REGISTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Preferred - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT R)
- Required - typing,data entry,word processing etc.
- Required - Experience with Microsoft Office software (Outlook,Word,Excel,PowerPoint)
- Required - Demonstrated organizational, delegation, time management, decision making, priority setting, leadership and collaborative skills.
- Required - Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Required - Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deadlines and tasks.