As the Radiological Services Project Manager you’ll serve as a leader for radiological services projects in our growing commercial and federal markets. This is a leadership position in CH2M’s National Governments team where you will be responsible for managing projects within our radiological services portfolio, as well as engaging in business development to identify future opportunities. As a project manager, you will serve as the primary client interface with radiological services clients and senior program managers on existing contracts. Your understanding of our client’s unique operating models, goals and needs will allow us to work collaboratively with clients to position and expand CH2M’s role as a preferred, full service “partner” in the radiological services market. In addition to project managementresponsibilities, you will leverage your understanding of the radiological services market to identify and pursue new opportunities and contracts for our firm.
The successful candidate will provide written and verbal presentation of senior level development, analysis, assessment, conclusions, recommendations, and reporting while interacting with and performing as liaison for clients and stakeholders. We are looking for an individual with comprehensive industry experience in commercial and federal markets for traditional environmental projects including radiological surveys, health and safety surveys, soil, groundwater, sediment sampling, radiological support during remediation, decontamination and decommissioning, technical evaluation of radiological laboratory data, assessment of dose, evaluation of risks, implementation of MARSSIM, MARSAME, MARLAP, and work with NORM/TENORM. Project or program management experience is a plus. This position could be based anywhere in the lower 48 but preference will be for San Diego, Southern California, Salt Lake City, Denver, Virginia or Portland.
This position is for an ambitious mid-career professional who is ready to be a leader in shaping CH2M’s strategy and future in the radiological market. This is an opportunity to manage projects and grow the radiological market in CH2M’s Environment and Nuclear Business Group. You will be working with industry leaders within CH2M and our management teams and we have high expectations for your personal professional growth and you helping us grow market share in this area. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- 10 years or more of professional experience in commercial and federal radiological markets.
- Candidate must have at a minimum BS in radiological health physics or closely related scientific discipline.
- Project experience that includes: radiological surveys, health and safety surveys, soil, groundwater, sediment sampling, radiological support during remediation, decontamination and decommissioning, technical evaluation of radiological laboratory data, assessment of dose, evaluation of risks. Implementation of MARSSIM and work with NORM/TENORM
- Must have CHP or be able to obtain within one year (Part 1 already complete).
- Position requires US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- 10-15+ years professional experience
- Military or government experience
- Excellent technical and communication skills.
- Private industry experience in strategic planning, leading winning proposals and leading project delivery teams.
- Extensive professional and working networks within government agencies; a solid network of contacts within the radiological services industry.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Advanced degree, (masters or equivalent) in nuclear engineering, radiation health physics, or similar degree
- Professional Engineer (PE) license and/or MBA
- Based in San Diego or Southern California, Salt Lake City, Denver, Virginia or Portland