Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Radiological Gas Analysis Lab Production Manager will be responsible for overseeing Radiological Gas Laboratory Operations:
- Responsible for the laboratory production to separate, quantify, and perform radiological measurements of gas samples.
- Supervise 10 laboratory technicians
- Ensure processes are in place to train and equip personnel to execute all processing requirements
- Oversee data production and reporting process to ensure customer requirements are met
- Establish and oversee Laboratory Procedure and Technical Manual development, publishing and review program
- Manage Government Furnished Equipment
- Develop out year plans for equipment requirements for the Program Manager
- Ensure PMR and calibration schedules are established and followed
- Monitor GM-tube inventory and performance
- Ensure maintenance actions are documented and performed by qualified individual
Project Management Duties:
- Assist in research, scientific studies, experiments, and process improvements for the collection, separation, and measurement of radiological gases
- Assist Technical Specialist for system research and development projects for analysis, design, development, and test as directed by supervisor.
- Perform project management activities for lab development projects
- Develop test procedures and project reports
Education and Experience:
Requires a bachelor’s degree in a recognized field of engineering or science, plus at least seven years of professional experience or a combination of graduate study and experience, including approximately one year in a supervisory position.
- Candidate must have experience in Radiation Detection Systems