Gryphon Technologies is a premier engineering and technical services provider supporting National Security programs. Gryphon is the federal Government’s partner working in support of mission critical systems in every phase of their lifecycle. We are proud of our ability to help shape tomorrow, while ensuring today’s U.S. and coalition forces can carry out their critical missions and tasks.
Gryphon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Gryphon Technologies provides Scientific, Engineering, Technical, and Administrative (SETA) support to the Space Development Agency (SDA).
We have a current need for a RF Engineer providing technical and management oversight of performers on space development and demonstration programs. Experience with technical engineering expertise in spacecraft systems and payloads is highly desired.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing a range of support within your area of expertise and experience to the Government Program Manager, in implementing new an ongoing Science and Technology (S&T) programs
- Engineering management of activities related to the design, procurement, development, maintenance, and closeout of the program
- Working closely with the Government team throughout the life-cycle of the program, including coordinating with the upper management of all stakeholders, to develop technical solutions and strategies
- Assisting the Government in developing new concept and program ideas
- Advising Government clients on incoming technical proposals and white papers
- Reviewing and providing inputs on acquisition related documents (proposals, technical analyses, etc.)
- Tracking the progress of contracted researchers on their Government programs, including independent testing, and eventual technology transition to end users
- Participating in:
- Development and engineering design reviews and readiness reviews
- Management of verification efforts for key performance objectives
- Ground testing, flight tests or simulations
- Post-test analysis activities and review and analysis of test data
- 10 – 15% travel may be required
- Active Top Secret (TS) security clearance with eligibility for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
- A science degree, preferably in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or a related field (5 additional years of experience may be substituted for an advanced degree)
- 8 years’ experience in RF space systems
- Experience in the development and/or manufacturing and testing of space technologies
- Experience working the with Government aerospace community (NASA, Department of Defense, IC, etc.)
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment, interact with performers and customer senior-level management
- Proven technical writing and briefing skills with the ability to communicate complex scientific ideas to broad audiences
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Prior SETA support experience
- Prior experience at DARPA or Air Force Research Laboratory