Radio Frequency Engineer (RFE) will provide RF engineering services to support the design development, refinement and sustainment of prototypes, EDMs, systems of systems, and frameworks utilizing various engineering tools and capabilities. Tasks or needs are often urgent due to emerging operational threats with a goal to close or solve operational needs and gaps by utilizing Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) and Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) solutions to provide the Warfighter with required tools in a timely and cost effective manner while minimizing Size, Weight, and Power.
The Radio Frequency Engineer will:
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in Radio Frequency (RF) Engineering, Analysis, Antenna Characteristics, Electromagnetics, Signal Processing and Systems Modeling
- Perform tasks that include Antenna and RF Modeling utilizing commercial software applications
- Conduct Modeling and Simulation that combines unique characteristics and simulation to verify designs and approaches
- Complete tasks while working collaboratively in a lab environment to implement RF and Antenna prototypes; simulating performance or in support of prototype development and field test efforts
- Provide oversight, guidance and technical advice on projects involving Electromagnetic, Antennas and RF systems
- Support broader department-level work that may involve Digital Processing related to overall system performance
- Identify, define and solve complex technical problems which require a high level of ingenuity and innovativeness; encouraging optimum design within project schedule and funding limitations
- Develop and deliver complex technical presentations to high level program management and customers
- Perform extensive research and complex analysis on a major project to enhance the technical and economic development of the product and/or service
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering.
5-8 years of related systems engineering experience.
Must have active TS clearance. Must be eligible for SCI