Centauri is seeking a Radar systems engineer to support the NRO's Advanced Systems and Technology (AS&T) Directorate. AS&T is the research and development (R&D) organization and provides innovative technology solutions that enable the NRO to solve the most challenging National security issues. AS&T is responsible for development and operations of technology demonstrations and operational prototypes that guide revolutionary change in how the NRO conducts intelligence mission. Capability pathfinders are developed to inform directorates and organizations on new CONOPs, prove out new sources or methods, replace technologies to fill mission gaps, and /or validate new mission areas. AS&T's satellite experiments validate a technology or CONOP that solves challenging intelligence problems with innovative ground processing, or at times leverages commercial small satellites to advise the Government on concept selections.
- Support projects that mature hardware and/or algorithm technologies for transition to a System Program Office for flight development.
- Survey state of the art technologies to provide recommendations for future technology development
- Provide technical recommendations for future development directions and strategies.
- Assist in the development of program requirements that satisfy the customer's mission needs
- Work closely with the IC customer supporting all phases of the acquisition process.
- Draft acquisition documents and other required solicitation/contract documents, and support to source selection activities as an advisor
- Assist the IC customer with the oversight of technology development contracts and help develop status briefings for government and industry
- Provide identification, assessment, and resolution of risks during the acquisition phase and during the program execution
- Have technical and analytic ability in SAR technologies for design, development, fabrication, integration and test, and operations.
- Have technical and analytic ability to assist in developing and maintaining radar tools and algorithms.
- Have technical and analytic ability to evaluation electronic warfare (EW) methods.
- Have technical and analytic ability to evaluation automatic target recognition (ATR) methods.
- Have technical and analytic capabilities in areas such as electronics, qualification of flight hardware, payload command and control/mission processing, thermal, radiation hardening, size / weight / power evaluation, advanced RF, front-end-electronics, and resiliency accommodations.
- 5-11 years with BS degree in engineering, or technical discipline, 3-8 years with MS
- 5 years' experience with space systems acquisition and / or sustainment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills to partner with multiple teammates and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Master's degree in engineering discipline.
- 5-10 years' experience with space systems acquisition and /or sustainment.
- Understanding of acquisition and operations technology best practices.
- Exposure to the system design trade process, assessing system design options, analyzing mission requirements, monitoring vehicle development, test development/execution, and tracking requirement verification.
- Specific knowledge of the NRO space and ground systems and processes.