Provide engineering services for precision tracking radars, DR-COSIP wideband imaging radars, ROSA radars, legacy radars, surveillance radars, and support equipment. Develop and maintain error models for precision instrumentation radar systems. Analyze pre/post operation radar TSPI data to validate systems performance characteristics.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Maintain control of the preventative maintenance program for PMRF precision radars.
- Applicable systems include AN/MPS-25, C-Band DR-COSIP, C-Band COSIP ROSA, AN/FPS-16 precision tracking radars; AN/SPS-48E, AN/APS-134, AN/SPS-67(V1), Furuno 2175 surveillance radars; MK-74 fire control radar; Fredwal C-band coherent transponder radar target.
- Assist technicians with troubleshooting radar performance problems.
- Represent Manu Kai in planning meetings, contractor briefs, and design reviews. Some travelrequired.
- Interface with government program mangers on developing range radar operation plans and related radar issues.
- Coordinate radar operations plans with Manu kai radar supervisors and technicians.
- Review post operation data to validate system performance.
- Assist in generation of specifications and engineering data.
- Prepare regular reports on system performance and develop special post and/or pre-op reports as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- General office with frequent remote site work and occasional travel.
- Participate in range operation control during critical missions.
- Must be able to climb elevated towers and work within closed spaces.
Minimum physical elements: to include continuous sitting, crawling, kneeling or cramped positions. Lifting, pushing or pulling of 25-50 lbs. Customer contact, extended work day, Confined work area, Office Laboratory and field assignment.
- Bachelor’s degree in ElectricalEngineering
- A Master’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Radars Engineering from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two years of the required general experience.