Radiance Technologies, a rapidly growing employee-owned company supporting Department of Defense and Intelligence Community customers, is searching for an experienced Radar Engineer to join our team at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD supporting PdM Radars.
The candidate will provide require experience with engineering support for ground based target acquisition radars with an emphasis on counter rocket, artillery, mortar and air surveillance. Experience developing and reviewing requirements generation and baselines, system and subsystem specifications for elements of a radar sensor based on top-level radar system requirements, systems architecture and integration, test strategies and methodologies to evaluate new or competing radar designs, identifying shortcomings in radar performance, diagnose root causes, and develop design changes or corrective action and interface with multi-disciplinary product development team in support of design, integration and test. Other responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the development of system-level and operational requirements for Radar systems upgrades including remote operations
- Providing technical assistance and engineering support necessary to fulfill pre-development activities including architecture, tradeoff and upgrade studies, requirement analysis, and rough order of magnitude cost evaluations
- Providing technical and engineering support necessary to meet platform requirements to include system design, upgrade, modification, testing, and deployment and systems sustainment
- Providing technical and engineering support and planning activities that are necessary to migrate systems through successive architecture revisions, upgrades and testing
- Providing informal on-the-job-training (OJT) to familiarize civilian and military operations and sustainment personnel about hardware upgrades, capabilities, and modifications
- Assisting with general software engineering that is required to upgrade systems, modify existing system software, support operations and sustainment personnel with specific software capabilities.
- Providing technical and engineering support to assist in the timely activation of system upgrades and installation of new systems, including system design, procurement of components, creation of documentation, system build (rack and stack), and system integration and test
- Providing technical and engineering support to assist civilian and military sustainment personnel to identify and isolate faulty system software and/or hardware components and restore the system(s) to full operational capabilities
- Participating in weekly classified and unclassified project and engineering meetings to review project progress and issues.
- Support Army Airworthiness Release process
- Attend and participate in various classified and unclassified Integrated Product Team (IPT) Meetings, provide engineering input to vendors and team members
- Experience with radar architectures and overseeing the design of radar systems and components
- Experience with MATLAB or other radar simulation software
- Excellent technical management and communication required to oversee execution and technical accuracy.
- Experience working with AN/TPQ-50 and AN/TPQ-53 systems
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or relevant technical field
- Active Secret clearance with ability to obtain TS
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with the senior military leadership, US Government customers, Contracting officer and Contractors (Prime and Sub), to establish relationships to support program management business rhythms, capture initiatives and other new requirements as appropriate.
- Ability to lead multiple teams, manage relationships, and be a key contributor in training efforts
- At least 5 years of Radar Engineering experience
- Experience with military radar sustainment
- Experience with radar signal processing and RF design
- Experience with radar modeling and simulation
- Experience with supporting radar testing and evaluation both in simulated and live environments