A multinational bank and financial services company offering retail, corporate and investment banking as well as wealth management is currently seeking a RAD Developer to join their team in New York. This firm believes that to better understand their employee's needs they must better understand their employees.
This firm recognizes each employee wears many hats and takes on countless responsibilities; in turn they give back to their employees. They offer a flexible work environment and incredible benefits. This firm also believes in the power of networking, learning for life and giving back to the community.
- Develop and maintain applications and solutions
- Provide tactical solutions on business requests
- Integrate RAD solutions into the strategic projects within the department where required
- Analyze user requirements, document, and revise systems functionalities for the equities derivatives trading desk
- Liaise with trading, sales, and structuring users to gather requirements to develop, modify, and resolve issues encountered in pre-trade pricing applications
- Conceptualize, deliver, and support software applications using Excel, VBA, C# and SQL technologies.
- Utilize SQL and stored procedures to query, fetch, update, and delete data from relational databases.
- Analyze and improve software project lifecycles to drive testing, deployment, and post-deployment support
- Provide second line support to intraday and overnight production PnL and risk batches that generate prices, PnL and risk numbers used to manage trading books.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms and general problem solving.
- 1+ years of experience programming in C+, C#, Python and/or Excel/VBA software programming language.
- 1+ year of knowledge with Financial Markets fundamentals
- Knowledge of Equity Derivatives
- Knowledge of Exotic Equity Derivatives
- Knowledge of functional programming (e.g. Haskell, F#)
- Proven ability to pick up and learn new languages on the job
- Knowledge of databases & their SQL languages (e.g. Oracle, MSSQL, PL/SQL, TSQL)
- Knowledge of COM