Rabobank, N.A. has an exciting opportunity for a RaboResearch Food & Agribusiness Senior Analyst located in our Fresno Financial Service Center! The RaboResearch Food & Agribusiness (F&A) Senior Analyst conducts high quality analysis and market research on priority issues and trends impacting California agribusiness in general, as well as specific U.S. agribusiness sub-sectors as needed to support the broader goals of the global organization. Potential areas of focus include North American tree nuts, North American fresh fruits and vegetables, California dairy and forage, California wine/wine grapes, and other topics impacting the Food & Agribusiness sector, such as water, environmental regulations, and labor; all within the parameters of RaboResearch Food & Agribusiness (RaboResearch). Effectively builds, shares and applies knowledge on subjects relevant to each assigned sector, in order to support the bank’s activities in F&A and to bring commercial value to clients. Provides support to more senior analysts as needed.
Responsibilities will include and are not limited the following:
- Analyzes and researches assigned key agricultural sectors that are important to California and the assigned sectors across North America.
- Takes ownership of research process from conceptualization to delivery of final product.
- Helps provide value chain and company analysis for credit applications, consulting and corporate advisory projects. Where applicable, supports other analysts in gathering and analysis of information supporting research projects. Provides research input into credit policies and proposals covering the target sectors, and provides presentations to management and otherinternal stakeholders as required.
- Supports the formation of sharingnetworks with industry associations.
- Performs research (Proposes ideas, initiates, collects, defines, manages quality and continuity) to support the local, regional and global sector research agenda. Produces high-quality views (original, thought leadership ideas, backed up by data/analysis) that are commercially relevant (opportunities/risks). Aligns with other analysts on research agenda. Produces high quality research and analysis of target sectors for use by both internal and external stakeholders. Identifies and refers commercial opportunities within the target sectors for Rabobank in rural, business or corporate banking, finance, and mergers/acquisitions. Supports other analysts in producing thought leading research within their sector.
- Prepares quality research publications targeted at rural (if applicable), business banking and corporate clients. Produces reports on the back of research, including global sector quarterly and yearly reports; Industry Notes, presentations, RaboResearch opinions for credit applications; tailored client reports; and RaboResearch slide packs.
- Engages with clients by delivering thought leadership on key strategic questions. Initiates new business ideas/insights for clients. Gives presentations to client’s audiences and stakeholders. Shares global sector views with clients on boardroom level and local sector views where applicable. Contributes to F&A transactions for global and regional clients.
- Supports the profiling of Rabobank as the F&A thought leader to its clients by creating unique, innovative and differentiating views on F&A sectors and companies. Prepares and delivers papers and presentations to profile RaboResearch within the bank to its internal stakeholders. Provides media commentary on key issues relating to target sectors.
- Performs all other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Graduate degree in Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Business, Economics, Finance, or related field required with 5+ years of experience in Agricultural research, consultancy, business development or F&A banking.
- Strong quantitative economics skills with knowledge of partial equilibrium models and Monte Carlo simulation.
- PhD in Agricultural Economics desirable.
- Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook.
- Logical and analytical, with excellent quantitative and qualitative research skills.
- Strong knowledge of agriculture and agribusiness.
- Strong quantitative and modeling capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with high level of competence in report structuring, preparing and delivering presentations.
- Practical and results-oriented, with strong level of self-motivation in order to deliver services to meet internal and external client expectations.
- Manage priorities in a multi-project workload, working to deadlines.
- Identify, plan and conduct analysis in order to deliver results on a research or marketing project.
- Resourceful in sourcing industry and company specific information.
- Sound judgment and initiative.
- Work well in partnership with colleagues, leading by example through own behavior.
- Ability to work productively in a team, think critically and debate issues.
- Ability to represent the bank in a professional manner to external customers from corporate, industry and farm environments.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with internal and external clients.
- Must be able to travel throughout bank’s footprint to perform required duties ( 25% to 50%).