- Sanofi Genzyme focuses on developing specialty treatments for debilitating diseases that are often difficult to diagnose and treat, providing hope to patients and their families.
Sanofi Genzyme has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research, collaboration with the global patient community, and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on specialty areas including: immunology, oncology and multiple sclerosis, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. Sanofi Genzyme's portfolio of transformative therapies, represent groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine. As a Sanofi company, Sanofi Genzyme benefits from the reach and resources of one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies, with a shared commitment to improving the lives of patients.
At Sanofi Genzyme, we are committed to the growth of our people, connected in purpose by career, life and health.
Rheumatology Product Sales Specialist
The Rheumatology Product Specialist is responsible for engaging Rheumatologists and other key customers within an assigned geography and presenting clinically focused selling message to create and grow revenue and to consistently deliver product goals. The Product Specialist will demonstrate initiative, drive, and independence, and take ownership for meeting and exceeding individual business goals. This will be accomplished by driving performance and delivering results in a compliant manner with a high degree of integrity strictly following all Sanofi Genzyme US policies and in compliance with all policies and procedures governing the promotion of pharmaceutical/biological products in the US.
- Engage Rheumatology customers within assigned geographical territory and deliver clinically focused message to introduce, launch, grow brand-share and revenue, and to consistently deliver on product goals.
- Partner with multiple collaboration stakeholders: Regeneron Sales Professional counterpart, Reimbursement and Access Specialists, and Clinical brand and corporate objectives in assigned territory Develop strategy and execute tactics within key accounts in the Rheumatology therapeutic area to generate product utilization.
- Develop strong working relationships with Rheumatology experts and all additional Rheumatology specialists in assigned geography as well as nurses, office staff and other important health care personnel and key patient advocacy support groups as directed.
- Coordinate with other Rheumatology field specialists such as Regional Science Liaisons, Field Account Specialists, Account Management and Nurse Educators in their territory to ensure optimal account success.
- Coordinate and communicate with other field-based and home office personnel teams to proactively address customer needs, market dynamics and trends and develop strategies which support brand and corporate objectives within their assigned geography.
- Participate and help lead initiatives to supportsales success as assigned (e.g. participate in industry related congresses, local and regional meetings and medical conferences).
- Provide site level in-service training as required by account.
- Plan, organize, and sponsor local promotional speakers programs and activities.
- Effectively executes short and long term strategic plans.
- Maximize budget allocated to the geographic territory assigned to support execution of strategies and tactics developed to generate and grow the business.
- Drive results by identifying key opportunities and developing strategic plans to enhance and grow territory business.
- Own business opportunities within respective geographic area, which includes coordination and calling upon large group practices and other key targets to drive overall product results.
- Establish relationship with thought leaders in assigned territory. Primary objective is to drive industry leading customer value.
- Lead cross-functional teams in the implementation of Sanofi US programs and brand specific strategies in assigned geography.
- Allocate resources in accordance with business opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Specialty pharmaceutical/biopharmaceuticalexperience with a minimum of 5years pharmaceutical salesexperience including at least 2years selling sub-cutaneous self-injectable (or office administered IV) biologics for Rheumatology or other Immunology disorders such as, Psoriasis, Multiple Sclerosis , Crohn’s Disease or Ulcerative Colitis and others.
- Ability totraveland cover large geographic territories
- Demonstrate advanced clinically-based selling skills
- Proven success and positive track record of consistent sales performance in complex markets with diverse customer segments operating with a high degree of integrity within compliance guidelines
- Results oriented with a proven track record of success with product launches
- Demonstrate a passion and learning aptitude for science and is proactive in strengthening knowledge related to disease-state, treatment options and healthcare trends
- Experience with in-servicing and training office staff, nurses and office managers
- Ability to operate as a “team player” incooperation with collaboration partners andinternal colleagues to reach common goals
Genzyme Corporation (a Sanofi company) and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sanofi is a global healthcare leader focused on patients' needs, engaged in the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets and Sanofi Genzyme.
At Sanofi, our ambition is to be an integrated global healthcare company, focused on patients’ needs. Much more than just a leading pharmaceutical company, Sanofi is committed to transforming scientific innovations into solutions and services that protect health, enhance life, and respond to the needs of the 7 billion people in the world. We trust our ambition to guide and inspire us as we work to create a future with optimal health and wellness for everyone.