The Systems Engineering I department has an opening for a highly motivated R&D Systems Engineer to join a fast-paced, innovative and dynamic team. You will be a member of an engineering team that supports design and development of ND-related hardware through high priority quick-turn projects. Our team is responsible for development of new & modified systems for the P19 Phase II project, and sustainment & technical basis activities for the fielded P19 Phase I systems, and providing an engineering and product realization capability for future quick-turn projects. You will have the opportunity to play a crucial role in the full product lifecycle, from early conceptual design through product realization, production, and post-production support.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Develop requirements and CONOPS for the system and ensuring proper flow down of requirements to component PRTs.
- Develop and manage risks, mitigations, and handling strategies.
- Coordinate and collaborate with component design and production agency partners, including review of component test basis and qualification plans and assisting in production readiness
- Consult with quality to understand potential pitfalls and assist PRT in root cause analysis when failures occur and the development of resolution plans
- Analyze and evaluate design trade and critical design elements, informing programmatic schedule, cost, and risk
- Present at technical reviews and/or customer/stakeholder review meetings
This position may require some travel
Qualifications We Require
- A bachelor's and master's degree, or higher, in Electrical Engineering, or related field; or Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline plus 4 years relevant experience.
Qualifications We Desire
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including ability to present to diverse audiences
- Experience working on engineering design, qualification, production, or related projects
- Experience in nuclear weapon product realization processes
- Strong understanding of systems engineering principles
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Experience with requirements development for components and/or systems
- Active DOE Q or DOD TS security clearance