R&D Strategy and Operation Associate (Full Time)
LG is looking for passionate and talented technology strategist who will work on R&D strategy and LG US R&D operation. Reporting to the head of Innovation Strategy, you will dealing with US R&D strategy, project and program planning and operational issues. The Strategy team is working on fundamental strategy at LG US R&D including developing business cases and product roadmaps, sourcing and building key industry partnerships, detailing competitive analysis and industry models. This position will contribute both on strategy and execution.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Support to deliver a rigorous and structured approach to identifying and solve technology business problems that lead to strategic insights
• Deliver technology trend analysis to generate technology insights and identify value creation opportunities
• Deliver effective presentations and recommendations to team leader, effectively conveying technology and market opportunities
• Engage with the Silicon Valley ecosystem by attending technology and business conferences, and meeting with founders, investors, and academics.
• Communicate with internal and external partners on various R&D and operation issues
• Create communication materials and presentations on various un-organized ideas
• Support to oversee R&D and risk management activities
• Support project, budget, resource planning
• Build partnerships with various global R&D and business partners
• Participate in mid-long term growth strategy process, integrating technology development roadmaps across the project portfolio
• Provide operational dashboards with project progress, resource allocation and communication status
• Facilitate regular project reviews to assess business alignment and identify areas for improvement
• Develop the agenda and conduct management meetings to communicate and resolve operational issues, and showcase outstanding technology developments"
• Bachelor’s degree in technology or engineering or business (Masterspreferred, MBA a plus)
• Successful experience working in the technology industry in global consumer R&D organizations with complex decision processes across technical and business dimensions
• 5 years’ work experience with at least 3+ years’ experience in a combination of business development, innovation, strategy and/or product management roles
• Technical knowledge of market trends, innovation and technologies
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to convert technical concepts into customer value stories and create and deliver Executive-level presentations
• Strategic and critical thinking skills and the ability to create compelling presentation materials
• Superior presentation skill including MS office skill
• High tolerance dealing with ambiguous and complex topics