$80K — $100K *
The R&D Senior Associate (Team Leader) will apply technical knowledge and know-how to create exciting innovative formulas and solutions that delight the consumers. You will be responsible for all technical product development related activities including formula development, claims, scale up and launch. You will lead a team of Associate/Assistant Scientists to deliver on an exciting new territory for Dettol – Laundry Disinfection. You will work alongside cross-functional teams to create a robust pipeline, deliver agreed projects and serve as the technical expert for your area of ownership. You will be responsible for all technical aspects of a portfolio of products consisting of Laundry sanitizer, Washing machine cleaner and Laundry spray and wear trigger. Reporting line will be to R&D Manager.
This is a great opportunity to work on products that touch the lives and improve health and hygiene of consumers and their communities in Europe, South Asia, China and Africa.
• Technical Excellence: Be the technical lead for product development vs product criteria and serve as the single point of contact for all technical aspects of your products/projects. Leverage your technical know-how and creative problem-solving skills to develop technical strategy for your product/pipeline and to troubleshoot problems.
• Team Development: Develop your team of Associate/Assistant scientists and lead them to deliver results against agreed business objectives. Manage your team’s performance & development and drive engagement.
• Innovative approach: Incorporate innovation and critical thinking to your products by identifying and adapting new technologies, new test methods/tools/processes and using good scientific rationale to solve challenges
• Bring executional excellence to your team through project leadership, stakeholder management, and cross-functional collaborations to ensure on-time project delivery and tangible results
• Partnership with Marketing, Regulatory, Manufacturing and other functions on criteria, claims and actions to drive your projects
• End to end responsibility - take the products from idea to launch in multiple markets
• Coordinate product testing with Microbiology, Analytical, Fragrance, and Sensory groups, as needed.
• Recommend ways for products to remain competitive in challenging consumer goods market
• Maintain products in compliance by overseeing preparation of product dossiers used for launches and product registrations.
• Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology or similar fields, with at least 6 years of CPG product development experience in a technical laboratory setting
• Laundry product development experience is strongly desired
• Demonstrated organizational & interpersonal skills, and experience collaborating with cross functional teams
• Demonstrated people development skills and experience
• Demonstrated new product innovation and development experience, preferably in a CPG setting
• Experience with Regulated consumer products is preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Computer literate, including MS Word, Excel and other related computer skills.
• Knowledge or experience of the Consumer Products market.
• GLP/GMP experience a plus
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The position is based in Montvale, NJ
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
Valid through: 5/19/2021