The R&D Department at Esoterix, a specialty division of LabCorp of America, provides technical leadership in bringing cutting-edge technologies in assay development and automation to diagnostic laboratory services. We specialize in endocrinology, gastroenterology, clinical immunology and molecular genetics.
The Research Scientist is an advanced scientific contributor in the R&D department.
Candidate will develop, optimize and validate new test methods and bioanalytical technologies. Will devise or understand experimental designs, analyze and evaluate results, develop and introduce new techniques and assays.
- Independently design and help manage the development, optimization and validation of analytical methods, including ELISA, ICMA, SPR or cell based assays.
- Maintain schedule of projects and timelines. Coordinate research activities to ensure efficiency and quality.
- Communicate project timelines, status, data, reports, effectively addressing any issues that may arise.
- Writing and reviewing SOPs, validation plans and validation reports
- Lead effort in implementation of new diagnostic assays and processes, as well as in trouble-shooting various assay procedures
- Collaborate with internal departments (manufacturing, QA, operational teams)
- Simultaneously handle multiple projects
- Proactive, strategic project planning and organization to meet project timelines.
- Set-up, utilize, and maintain complex instrumentation
- Prepare materials for presentations and publications
- Supervise and train junior scientific staff
- Research literature and external sources and identify new techniques and procedures
RequirementsLicense/Certification/Education: PhD in immunology, biochemistry or related scientific discipline or
MS in Biological Science + 4 years of experience with the following:
- Extensive experience with immunoassays
- Experience with assay development, qualification, and optimization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working cross functionally with QA, and other departments
- Supervisory experience plus but not required.
Requisition Number 17-82343