We are seeking R&D Software Engineers to join a multidisciplinary team that is designing, developing and sustaining advanced radar components, subsystems, and systems for national defense programs. General responsibilities range from conceptual design, defining and executing qualification/testing plans, system integration, field support, as well as project management. Successful candidates will work in a team environment with opportunities to acquire increasing levels of responsibility.
Qualifications We Require
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline; or Bachelor's degree with 5 years of relevant engineering experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering;
- Applicant's background includes experience with object-oriented software development lifecycle activities (such as specification, development, integration and test);
- Applicant's skillset includes experience with software design using languages such as C++ or Python.
- Applicant is comfortable working and developing software in Linux environment.
- Applicant has experience with general network communications (IP, routing, etc.)
- Applicant has the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q level security clearance.
Qualifications We Desire
Ideally, we would like to see your background include some of the following:
- Knowledge and experience with object-oriented design and the Unified Modeling Language (UML);
- Experience developing software for real-time operating systems such as VxWorks;
- Experience using version control systems such as Git or Team Forge
- Experience with Jenkins continuous integration, and continuous delivery approaches to software development and testing.
- Ability to work in a collaborative software development environment (team development processes and tools, shared code, peer review);
- Experience with formal software testing and verification strategies; network communications programming.
- Knowledge of digital signal processing techniques, radar fundamentals and sensor technologies.
- Active DOE or DoD security clearance.