Thermo Fisher is at the forefront of the global response to COVID-19. We are working with governments, agencies, industry partners and researchers globally to ensure priority access to instruments, consumables, safety supplies and other products to address the outbreak. This key role will play a valuable part in our efforts.
Do you have a passion for innovative ideas and groundbreaking discoveries? Now is an exciting time to join our Genetic Sciences business. With over $1 billion invested annually in R&D, at Thermo Fisher Scientific you'll help solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We empower our teams to put science into meaningful action and give our R&D colleagues the autonomy, resources and tools they need to take science a step beyond.
US - South San Francisco, CA (Remote)
Genetic Sciences Division
How will you make an impact?
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Onboarding and Training for Genetic Testing Solutions (GTS) R&D this role is responsible for managing technical and administrative projects supporting onboarding and training of the R&D team and post market surveillance. The project manager will implement and support robust processes and procedures to improve and expedite onboarding and support effective training programs. The role also requires the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
What will you do?
- Identify and implement streamlined onboarding and training processes across the Clinical R&D Team.
- Planning, scope creation, project schedule, execution and coordination across project work streams, functions and business stakeholders ensuring successful delivery of projects.
- Create, track and present project updates/status, milestones, issues, actions, and report outs to stakeholders, site, divisional and group leadership.
- Act as a primary contact for project teams and Stakeholders using appropriate tools and systems.
- Work with a customer centric mindset to ensure project plans are aligned with customer expectations (internal & external) and delivered accordingly.
- Seek out projects that will optimize resources and improve the customer experience.
- Work collaboratively and build effective relationships with critical stakeholders, contractors, etc. to enable delivery of projects and appropriate management of resources.
- Manage project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders; some of which may be remote and in different time zones.
- Work closely with colleagues providing support, guidance and coaching on project skills.
How will you get here?
- 5+ years' experience of managing projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering or related project management certification is preferred.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a "can do" attitude.
- Results driven with a strong capability to influence without authority
- Must have a good knowledge of the inner workings of a large company.
- Good technical writing skills, excellent time management skills and ability to work independently required.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple and changing programs/projects and priorities.
- Experience in creating and presenting high level reports and updates.
- Solutions oriented with a forward focused mentality; see problems coming and develop strategic solutions, with creativity in problem solving
- Ability to function in a rapidly changing environment without losing focus; combined with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, whilst respecting that others will be doing the same.
- Respectful and professional approach to conflict resolution to secure the best outcome and project delivery.
Remote position located in North America with 10% domestic and international travel. San Francisco Bay Area locationpreferred but not required.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.