As Novomer is expanding its global footprint and commercializing a family of high performance, cost effective, and environmentally responsible polymers and chemicals based on our proprietary catalyst technology, this dynamic role will require this person to utilize skills and experience in project management and chemistry or chemical engineering. The R&D Project Manager will utilize a blend of technical, analytical, business acumen, and project management skills to work closely with engineering and chemistry teams on R&D portfolio projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with project stage gate methodology to advance R&D projects and ensure project discipline and accountability throughout the Novomer Innovation Center.
- Actively participate in the design, execution and monitoring of a project plan from project inception to commercial close-out with key focus on milestones and schedule.
- Utilizes relationship skills to engage and influence Novomer staff to achieve agreed-upon objectives necessary for the commercialization timeline.
- Identifies potential obstacles and issues, devises contingency plans, and engages stakeholders at necessary decision points.
- Interfaces between vendors, engineering firms, and consultants to determine viability and cost effectiveness.
- Proactively communicate and align with Capital Projects Management team.
- Create and maintain proper documentation to ensure effective knowledge management.
Desired Education, Work Experience, and Personal Attributes
- Degree in chemical engineering or chemistry. Master's degree preferred.
- Project Management certification preferred.
- 5-7 years project management experience in chemical manufacturing, R&D or related petrochemical companies.
- Versatile and adaptable to changing priorities and competing demands.
- Passionate about innovation and sustainability.
- Detail-oriented, methodical and well-organized approach, while possessing a sense of urgency, and acting with the highest level of integrity at all times.
- Resilient, determined, and tenacious in the face of obstacles and challenges.
- Vigilant and proactive in order to anticipate and address issue before they escalate into problems.
- Effective in professionally interfacing and negotiating cross-functionally, as well as externally and cross-culturally.
- Team player who is self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.