Outstanding opportunity to work in a highly innovative pet healthcare company with a robust product pipeline that is well positioned for future growth!
SummaryWill manage and lead cross-functional teamsresponsible for complex new product development (NPD) projects that result in the launch of innovative diagnostic products. Will ensure attainment of product and business goals by developing and driving project plans, managing cross-functional teams, and coordinating activities within the established project timelines andbudgets.
- Leads cross-functional NPD project teams composed of R&D, Customer Support, Operations, QA, Regulatory, Finance and Marketing.
- Responsible for overall coordination of the team, their activities and day to day management of the project.
- Ensures decisions involve the appropriate people and support business and project objectives.
- Manages project scope and requirements, cost, and develops and drives project schedules.
- Develops and executes risk management plan and communications plan.
- Skillfully applies and uses the IDEXX NPD process to deliver products to market. Drives continuous NPD process improvement initiatives.
- Manages project resources; highlights dynamic issues and manages the activities of internal and external resources in the planning and execution of projects.
- Solicits assistance from other functional organizations and negotiates for resources as needed.
- Coordinates Business Reviews and any preliminary or interim reviews related to the project.
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum). Life sciences, physical sciences or engineering disciplines preferred.
Experience and Competencies:
- 6+ years of NPD experience leading complex projects
- Appliedexperience in life sciences, physical sciences or engineering discipline
- Demonstrated capability in project management
- Experience with an NPD phase-gate process
- Demonstrated Leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.