FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural and lithium technologies. We are proud that our products help grow that world's food, improve health and contribute to a more sustainable energy supply.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. In short, If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
R&D Project Leaders have accountability for the value of the business case, working across functions including Global Regulatory Affairs, Stewardship, R&D (Global Regulatory Sciences, Development Biology, Process Development, Formulations, Analytical Sciences) Supply Chain, Legal (Intellectual Property), Finance and Marketing to assure crop protection products are successfully introduced to the market meeting or exceeding the performance and timeline objectives as determined by key stakeholders. The R&D Project Leader integrates the work of the project team, makes decisions, gains commitment to agreed actions and ensures accurate and timely deliverables from the product teams. The R&D Project Leader has overall responsibility for the success of the product program.
The R&D Project Leader does not typically have direct reports and therefore, must be able to effectively manage through influence, communication, and negotiation.
The R&D Project Leader will work through a cross-functional project leadership team. The core team members in turn, lead functional teams to assure project deliverables meet technical, timeline and financial deliverables.
The R&D Project Leader exercises judgment within broadly defined best practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Performs duties independently with minimal direction and is expected to give direction/guidance across the business. Works on complex problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors and a high level of business sophistication.
The R&D Project Leader is accountable to lead the team and is accountable for the project business case and valuation, technical milestones, and managing the program through the governance process. He or She will objectively represent the program to business leadership.
The R&D Project Leader is accountable to follow the defined process and ensure a consistent data set for the assigned projects including: a plan inclusive of regulatory timeline, risk-adjusted business case, key milestones, commercial assumptions, technical assumptions, risks, commercial launch plan and post-launch documentation.
Key activities include:
Graduate degree in a relevant agricultural sciences field preferred. (Biology, Plant Science, Entomology, Weed Science, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering related)
• Requires 10+ years of relevant experience in project management including budget accountability.
• Must have experience working with product development teams.
• Background in life science industry strongly required with Ag background preferred.
• Must possess strong understanding of financial expectations and business performance requirements.
• Experience working with diverse, highly educated, technical professionals is required as well as ability to communicate with marketing and financial professionals.
• Excellent project/program management skills including the ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple and changing programs/projects and priorities.
• Must have the ability to work independently to deliver on objectives when necessary, but also to team work with cross functional teams and work through influence
• Independent ability to perform highly analytical and logical data analysis with strong customer focus and results orientation
• Experience in product development and/or management
• Experience in portfolio management, including financial modeling and decision analysis
• Should be experienced with agriculture business and strategic planning with a preference for incumbent to have participated as member of a research and/or business leadership team.
• Market, product and distribution channel knowledge and experience a plus
• Excellent people skills, including experience in working effectively with all levels of organization’s employees to facilitate small groups and gain cooperation from other teams and individuals without direct authority to assign tasks.
• The position requires strong initiative. Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with credibility and professionalism required of a leader.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate across disciplines successfully.
• Strong analytical skills, able to quickly assess situations, recognize problems, and discern root causes, can separate fact from ‘noise’ and develop approaches based on true organizational requirements
• International work experience, able to collaborate with colleagues from multiple cultures
• Must have good judgment with the ability to think creatively and strategically