Responsible for overseeing capital projects, predominantly in the processing areas of the business. Will play a vital role in supporting R/D, waste water treatment system, by product utilization projects. Will strive for continuous improvement by providing analysis of processes and systems in order to find solutions to problems and/or to increase efficiencies and product utilization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to:
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times
- Develop, or assist in developing, processing improvement projects with engineering designs, budgets, construction/installation, training, timelines, and oversee project management as required.
- Develop, or assist in developing, waste water treatment system improvement projects with engineering designs, budgets, construction/installation, training, timelines, and oversee project management as required.
- Evaluate systems or processes, and recommend and implement practical changes to improve reliability and performance of current processing equipment
- Perform mechanical or system maintenance and updates as needed
- Collect and analyze data from all available resources to monitor and ensure adequacy/accuracy of system or processes improvements.
- Develop and review Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as needed
- Provide training and support on equipment, systems, and best practices as needed
- Perform other duties, as assigned
Qualifications The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to successfully perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- High school diploma/GED equivalent
- 10+ years of hand on plant engineering/maintenance experience in food processing or related industries
- Demonstrated experience with the maintenance and troubleshooting of mechanical equipment/systems
- Able to proficiently use tools and instruments required to perform the scope of various installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting tasks.
- Understanding of and practical experience with all forms of industrial refrigeration,
- Understanding of and practical experience with the maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical circuits, including low voltage and 3 phase power systems
- Understanding of and practical experience with best practices in equipment layout and process design
- Basic knowledge and familiarity with modern electrical control systems
- Understanding of and basic practical experience with hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Great teamwork and communication skills
- Understanding of and ability to comply with and exemplify all Company and other pertinent Safety, Hazard, and Risk control programs and regulations.
- Related engineering degree and/or related technical certifications
- Prior seafood industry experience
- Extensive experience with project management and budget control
- Experience in the design and operation of BRC/ SQF Certified facilities
- Experience with common CAD programs in the use of design and layout
- Experience with the development and implementation of Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Experience with Boiler systems
- Ability to perform job tasks on a working sea vessel.