R&D Procurement Management - Clinical Services needs 3 - 5 years in biotechnology/ pharmaceutical industry or equivalent experience
R&D Procurement Management - Clinical Services - requires:
- 3 years direct experience in a clinical outsourcing/contracts function.
- Ideally, with direct engagement with CROs and other clinical suppliers.
- A combination of education and professional experience is acceptable to meet these requirements.
- C.P.M., C.P.I.M., Project Management, Lean, Six Sigma, or other relevant certifications a plus
- Excellent global supplier management skills with ability foster and leverage professional relationships.
- Clear understanding of clinical R&D supplier and sponsor businesses, financial drivers, & competencies.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally 10-20% of the time.
- Ability to identify and solve complex contractual, process, operational business challenges, and know when to seek assistance
- Solid experience (a) sitting/working closely with the study teams (b) supporting the clinical services procurement process end to end and (c) managing 30 studies at the same time (mix of active, in maintenance, financial reconciliation)
R&D Procurement Management - Clinical Services duties:
- Outsourcing Manager
- Support multiple R&D Clinical services sourcing categories and projects.
- Strategic Sourcing: Actively contribute to the development and implementation of sourcing strategies for R&D clinical services.
- Lead and support the supplier selection process, including the selection of transactional and preferred vendors, for designated studies, programs and/or services.
- This includes supporting clinical teams and key internal stakeholders with the development of specifications and criteria for outsourced services, evaluation of suppliers, and the management of selected suppliers.
- Proactively support supplier management activities such as issue resolution, performance trending, and supplier governance where appropriate, including managing an interactive lessons learned session and process improvements.