Req. ID: 118014
As the 3DXPoint Process Integration Manager based in Micron’s joint venture facility in Lehi, UT, you’ll work closely with and support the integration node managers to drive the execution of 3DXPoint development roadmap. You will deliver new technologies within the required timelines and performance levels while ensuring yield ramp in manufacturing meets timelines. This will require the management and resolution of complex technical issues, establishing strong relationships with the manufacturing team and acting as the TD (Technology Development) Integration representative at the manufacturing site. You will be responsible for managing and developing a team of integration and device engineers to achieve these deliverables and will have the responsibility of validating, communicating, and enabling the multi-node technology roadmaps. You will coordinate closely with process and product development teams in both TD and HVM to achieve program goals. This team will have the responsibility to work closely with the fab to enable rapid and efficient learning cycles.
- Supervise and manage integration engineers and leads including defining expectations and success criteria and providing feedback on performance.
- You will work to create an environment conducive to growth and success.
- Provide prompt positive response or corrective actions to behavior or performance outside of expectations.
- Readily recognize contribution and success.
- Team development:
- Work to continuously improve the team capabilities and performance.
- Coordinate effective training and learning activities.
- Continuous improvement of tools and methods required to improve efficiencies.
- Recruit and hire the highest capability candidates.
- Mentor team members to support growth.
- Definition, communication, and tracking of team performance goals.
- Project Management:
- Definition, communication, and tracking of milestones.
- Appropriate resource definition and allocation.
- Tracking of progress and prompt corrective actions to correct deviations from plan.
- Work with process teams to deliver accurate MORs to the planning teams.
- Effective high level communications for program strategies and progress.
- Technology development:
- Work in close partnership with the Boise PI and Device teams and other partner teams (process, design, product) to define and validate technology roadmaps.
- Coordinate efforts within the integration teams to develop solutions and execute to target roadmaps. C
- ollaborate with process and teams to drive process solutions. Work effectively with cell, product, and device teams to deliver qual capable solutions.
- Continuously drive for technical innovations.
- Line management:
- Drive the expectation for efficient line management of product and experiments in HVM facility.
- Work with IMFT partners to manage the line and the material to drive the fastest most effective learning cycles.
- Ensure appropriate controls and practices are in place to secure the health of the line.
- Close collaboration with the yield and process teams to drive the yield ramp.
- Conversion management:
- Facilitate effective methodologies for the definition, implementation, and validation of process changes.
- Drive for rapid but successful implementations of forward flows.
- Yield ramp:
- Own and proactively drive the resolutions to yield ramp limiters.
- Coordinate effective and prompt corrective actions to yield pareto issues.
- Validate fixes and enable controls to hit targeted yield ramps.
- Manufacturing support:
- Be the primary TD support for the alpha fab to achieve successful transfers, process introduction and ramp of new technologies.
- Maintain a high level of ownership and deliver prompt and effective reaction to technology issues that impact the program.
- Partner with the current node PI and process teams to close MOR gaps in a timely manner to meet Technode milestones and support HVM ramp
Micron Core Values: Act at all times as a solid example of Micron core values. Act with integrity, drive to higher performance, focus on results, lead change, demonstrate agility in adapting to new conditions, and continuously improve efficiency.
Education and Experience Requirements: A prospective candidate should have minimum 5 years experience working in semiconductor processing with focus on new technology development plus MS or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Microelectronics, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or a related discipline.
Development experience in Solid State Memory is a plus. Supervisory experience a plus. Ideal candidate will have experience leading cross functional teams to successful resolution of complex problems.