FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural and lithium technologies. We are proud that our products help grow the world's food, improve health and contribute to a more sustainable energy supply.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
FMC is looking for an experienced Process Chemist in the Agricultural Solution Process Development group at our Stine research facility in Newark, Delaware. The mission of the Process Development group is to develop the technology necessary to commercialize new agricultural active ingredients. Our business has a robust pipeline of new products that anticipate our customers’ needs and contribute to their long-term prosperity while advancing agriculture.
This role requires organic chemistry/process chemistry and engineering knowledge, as well as work experience in kilo labs, scale-up labs, pilot plants or commercial operations. The successful candidate will conduct a hands-on laboratory-based program to develop commercial manufacturing processes as part of a cross-functional team of process chemists, analytical chemists and engineers. The role includes support of all phases of process development, with responsibility from early stage to commercial launch.
- Strict observance and adherence to required and approved safety procedures
- Development of process concepts for chemical synthetic routes/manufacturing processes.
- Design and hands-on execution of laboratory experiments to demonstrate commercial process feasibility and to establish essential chemistry/engineering parameters.
- Development of basic data, definition of operating conditions and critical limits, and establishment of safety and quality parameters for the commercial process through scale up.
- Effective documentation and transfer of technology.
- Direction of research activities at CRO’s.
- Support of campaigns at internal and external partners.
- Participation in the pre-campaign planning and start-up of commercial operations.
Ph.D. in Chemistry with strong background in organic chemistry and a minimum of 5+ years industrialexperience in Ag, pharmaceuticals, fine or specialty chemicals industry.
- Familiarity with concepts of developing safe and cost effective chemical processes.
- Demonstrated experience in the scale-up of processes to the Kilo lab or Pilot plant scale.
- Experience in developing and executing research programs in support of scale-up of chemical processes.
- Experience in troubleshooting issues encountered during scale-up of technology transfer of chemical processes.
- Experience in working with CRO’s.
- Experience in working as an individual and as an effective team player
- Experience in effectively mentoring other team members.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with diverse group
- Experience in working in dynamic, timeline driven environment
- Strong track record of delivering high quality results that meet or exceed expectations
- Ability to travel to national and international sites may be required (less than 10%).
- Flexible work schedules to accommodate work performed in different geographies required.