As a Process Development Engineer in Micron’s Technology Development group (Fab 4) specializing in SEM Metrology, you will be responsible for developing new metrology applications and recipes, analyzing the results from these measurements, and implementing these solutions into an R&D pilot line manufacturing environment. The position will be focused on CDSEM technology.
In this role, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Driving the understanding of new metrology technology and measurement techniques to ensure that our measurement capabilities meet the technical device roadmaps.
- Working closely with metrology equipment vendors on continuous improvement of software/hardware and development of new measurement techniques.
- Optimizing and maintaining the calibration of metrology systems.
- Working closely with process development and process integration engineers to optimize measurements for multiple device process flows.
- Developing applications on next generation processes and technologies within Fab 4 and qualification for technology transfers to production fabs.
- Evaluations of new metrology tools to determine lowest COO solutions with the highest accuracy and precision for deployment in R&D and high volume manufacturing.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- 2 years’ metrology experience in the semiconductor industry working with SEM and Overlay tools / techniques.
- Process and equipment related experience in instrumentation and calibration procedures.
- Strong understanding of semiconductor manufacturing processes.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office and JMP.
- Strong data analysis skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- The ability to work individually on assigned tasks or as a team.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
MS/PhD in Engineering, Physics, Material Science or related discipline or BS + 5 years of industry experience.