$80K — $100K *
"What's it like to work at Agilent in R&D? Watch the video"
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Want to take your expertise further? Take the next step. Join us in this innovative, solutions-oriented environment and you'll take leadership of the development and design of product, process and technological advancements. You'll have lots of opportunity to research new technology, transform concepts and strategies into structured projects and make key technical decisions.
In this position as a Mechanical Engineer in Agilent LC/MS Hardware R&D, you will be part of an extraordinary, multidisciplinary team that is dedicated to and focused on creating exceptional Mass Spectrometers for Life Science and Applied Measurement analytical markets.
We have an opportunity in our R&D team for a talented, creative and dedicated Mechanical Engineer to design, develop and analyze scientific instrumentation throughout product lifecycle processes - this includes generating initial design concepts, prototyping, evaluation and iteration, deployment to commercial manufacturing and to field support operations. In this role, you will work in one of the most technically interesting and stimulating R&D environments with access to innovative tools, class-leading vendors and exceptional colleagues. Your direct colleagues in this role are talented and experienced Engineers and Scientists who are driven to succeed through collaboration, mutual respect and technical excellence. Together, we make industry-leading, innovative Mass Spectrometers. It's fun, rewarding and fast-paced while covering a wide array of the domains of Engineering, Physics and Chemistry.
- Bachelors, Masters or University Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years Mechanical Engineering experience
- Proficiency with 3D CAD tools
- Ability to properly tolerance engineering prints and analyze tolerance stack-up of parts and assemblies
- Ability to read and understand mechanical prints and specifications
- Hands-on experience with designing and building prototype parts and assemblies
- A high degree of mechanical aptitude, hands-on ability and attention to detail
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to work cooperatively in a distributed project team environment
- Management of vendor relationships and technical communications for prototype development
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with defined priorities
- Ability to research and propose solutions to novel Mechanical Engineering challenges
- Demonstrated skills in problem-solving and technical assessment to improve future designs
- Aptitude for advising management on recommendations to overcome Mechanical Engineering challenges
- Availability to travel internationally to support manufacturing operations if required
Preferred candidate attributes:
- Minimum of 5 years mass spectrometry design experience
- Experience with Siemens Nx CAD
- Knowledge and application of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) principles
- Experience with design transfer to a manufacturing facility
- Implementation of Design for X (DfX) principles
- Knowledge of commercial machining operations and practices
- Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Technical domain expertise in a relevant area of Mechanical Engineering
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please email email@example.com or contact +1-262-754-5030.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
Valid through: 11/11/2021