R&D MANAGER – Western Massachusetts
Do you want to step into a high-tech world with a strong focus on innovation? Are you able to bring engineering excellence to a complex instrumentation setting? Are you looking for a position in which allows you to work with the full product lifecycle from development through to End-of-life? Do you want to do this in an international, but personal environment? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our client's engineering team!
In this role you will lead a multi-disciplined team including electronics, mechanics and system engineers, applications scientists, physicists, material scientists, chemists and bio-chemists. You will work closely with the Software Team Leader(s) to ensure that the system and software development are closely coupled. You must be able to lead across all disciplines and have very strong people management skills. Customer engagement in the product development process will be an important element of the role and you should therefore be an advocate of a customer centric design process.
What are you going to do in this role?
- Engineering of full product lifecycle across the product line.
- Manage delivery of specific projects and common software components as part of the software strategy.
- Bring Continuous Awareness of technology developments, threats, opportunities and disruptive technologies to individuals and teams.
- Developing a strong talent pipeline including succession planning and talent development.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Knowledge of Lean R&D processes and tools such as DFSS and Scrum
- Project Management experience (Including Agile)
- Good understanding of business management including standards and procedures relevant to R&D
Great to have?
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant engineering or science subject
- 5 years of experience in a technical leadership role experienced with managing multi-disciplined engineering teams.
- Great communications and cross-functional team working, can-do attitude and a desire for a better future state.
- Track record of delivering high quality, complex new products and/or research programs.
When you join?
- Your career will take off with the 'New Hire Training'. Our client will steadfastly support you and your staff in improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external trainings. They value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing network of specialized companies where you can shape the future of products, processes and materials research.