$80K — $100K *
In this exciting newly created role, the R&D Manager will help manage and lead a team of senior scientists and research technicians while simultaneously helping to develop and implement programs, plan for new product development, and lead product/process improvement technologies.
Key responsibilities include:
• Providing daily leadership to create positive experiences to shape beliefs and actions consistent with our desired culture.
• Develops, implements and communicates short and mid-term business plans, consistent with the R&D and the corporation's business strategies and plans. Ensures assigned associates understand these plans, the link with corporate business strategies, and the role of each associate in accomplishing these plans.
• Provides support in establishing and implementing R&D strategy aligned with R&D leadership.
• Establishes operating policies and procedures for assigned area, facilitating efficient and effective performance.
• Provides subject matter expertise in technical assistance for inquiries from customers, sales & marketing, procurement and manufacturing.
• Cross-functional team leadership on key initiative products and programs
• Manages and/or oversees assigned research, projects and programs related to cost reduction, process improvements, line extensions, new product/process development and commercialization.
• Utilizes technical expertise in Bakery to drive problem solving activities and ensure solid design of experiments
• Utilize project and process management best practices to deliver project results within target metrics, implementing a continuous improvement approach:
• Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related field (e.g. Food Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Engineering, Sensory Science, etc.); Masters is a plus.
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in food manufacturing with minimum 3 years delivering success through leadership of managing direct reports
o Demonstrated ability in managing and developing direct reports
• Proven success in managing direct reports and cross functional resources through initiatives, projects
o Demonstrated ability to work with ambiguity
o Demonstrated experience managing complex, strategic projects
• Required 3+ years Bakery experience including process grains and yeast raised baked goods
• Proven success in formulation and process development in innovation and renovation
o Proven success in delivering new processes and procedures, driving change management to teams, gaining adoption
o Proven success utilizing influencing skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment successfully managing competing priorities
• Proven track record of taking initiative and delivering results
• Solid verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation ability with all audiences and levels of management
• Travels up to 15% of the time
Valid through: 11/16/2021