ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Valparaiso, IN location is seeking a R&D Manager to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• Execute fitting (hydraulic/ industrial) & equipment (Crimpers, test benches, hose assembly accessories) R&D strategy by initiating, steering, reviewing and bringing projects to completion.
• Support in defining short/long term fitting & equipment R&D strategy.
• Design and develop new and improved products to satisfy market requirements.
• Keep track of emerging technologies and work on the ones to which are relevant and strategic fit.
• Meets frequently with the respective marketing groups, sales and customers on new products or changes to existing products.
• Actively participate in industry standards like SAE, ARPM.
• Maintain a working knowledge of current industry standards.
• Plan and control budgets/ expenditures for development department.
• Hire and train new employees. Lead employees in the team by setting goals, define career/ developmental plans.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• University Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• Professional Experience 10+ years in R&D
• Experience as project manager in the area of R&D
• Experience leading people
• AutoCAD (Solidworks preferred) experience
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Valid through: 3/19/2021