Industrial Solutions empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software, and services to protect, control, and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. Across multiple energy-intensive industries, the business provides customers with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure. Research & Development Product Engineer will be supporting the EPSP (Smart Power) Business at our site in Plainville, CT. Displaying strong leadership skills and demonstrable experience in design, quality, safety and compliance, and new product introduction implementation.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer / Technologist will be responsible for the design, development, and manufacturing implementation of engineering programs that meet business standards and program / product requirements.
• Plan, execute, and report on the technical design, schedule, and test results of a program with guidance from senior engineering resources
• Design, develop, analyze, and document product designs which meet the functional, cost, reliability, manufacturability, and safety requirements of the customer or market.
• Demonstrate conformance to Product Technical Specifications and international standards using Design for Six Sigma and Design for Reliability methodologies. Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
• Create and maintain technical documentation for all design work and present material for technical review including but not limited to tolerance loops, drawings, bill of materials, product cost, problem and action lists, risk management, and Failure root cause analysis reviews.
• Execute designs with solid modeling software (PTC Creo / Windchill) to create models, assemblies, detailed drawings, and BOMs for designs which may include plastic, stamped metal, and electrically conductive parts.
• Support manufacturing implementation of products through Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA)
• BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Minimum 5+ years design experience
• LEAN/Six Sigma - Green Belt certified
• Experience with Bill of Materials generation
• Experience in Mechanical design related to electrical components or equipment
• Experience on thermal, stress, structural and short circuit, and analysis, using Pro-E as modeling tool
• Switch, Automatic transfer switches, Circuit Breaker, Control and Power Panels or other Electro-Mechanical design and testing experience.
• Knowledge of certification standards for electrical equipment (UL, IEC, IEEE)
• Previous experience with automated generation of Bill of Materials
• Proven record of engineering analysis and design execution success
• Proven ability to analyze test data and solve design issues
• Willingness to take on challenging assignments and ability to work within time constraints.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to influence and drive change/results
• Takes ownership and drives results
• Must possess a high level of motivation and resourcefulness working in an open environment
• Must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks