R&D Industrial Engineer - Pilot Coating Operations
We are conducting a search for an Industrial Engineer to support development, transition and integration of new products and process platforms from R&D into the current manufacturing process. This position is responsible for supporting operations of the pilot laboratories, maintenance of the process equipment in those labs, assisting in the design and fabrication of tape application test equipment, and specification and maintenance of general laboratory equipment. This position reports to the R&D Engineering Manager for New Technology Platform Development. You will also provide technical support to plant staff and troubleshoot technical issues related to traditional compounding, coating, drying and converting processes in production facilities.
* Oversee pilot lab operations
* Identify and lead efficiency improvement project for the pilot labs.
* Provide pilot manufacturing and Manufacturing process assistance to R&D project teams.
* Perform safety audits in the pilot labs.
* Create CAD drawings for new projects and update existing drawings.
* Participate or lead projects focused on improving existing coating, compounding and slitting production processes.
* Participate on various R&D and cross-functional teams.
* Create manufacturing models for processes being developed or improved upon by R&D.
* Conduct Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) audits.
* Participate on 5S Teams.
* Provide engineering support in the design of new application test methods / devices.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering or related field.
* Two or more years of proven work experience in the pressure sensitive tape, paper-making, coating or converting industries is a plus.
Excellent advancement and career growth opportunities, along with competitive compensation and benefits. Position is in Detroit suburbs.