Job ID 564596BR
"We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering is themaster planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers isresponsiblefor the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
Specific tasks may include:
- Overall electrical system architecture from power to servo drives, sensors and computation.
- Electric motor drive selection and implementation.
- Selection of wiring for robotic applications subject to fatigue life and space constraints.
- Selection of connectors for robotic applications subject to environmental, maintenance and space constraints.
- Management of vendors as required.
- Design meeting safety requirements and applicable code.
- Test and verification.
- The interaction between mechanical hardware, electrical hardware and control systems is critical. The Principal Electrical Engineer works with mechanical and software engineers and is expected to be a critical team player integrating software, control systems, and hardware during design and development of robotic systems.
- 10 years industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience independently designing, specifying, integrating, and testing power electronics, computer/control systems hardware, servo drives, and I/O systems.
- Experience specifying DC and brushless DC servomotors.
- Experience in specifying or designing power conversion circuitry
- Experience in sourcing, designing and fielding battery systems.
- Demonstrated experience specifying sensors for robotic or other systems.
- Understanding of CANbus and/or EtherCAT.
- Ability to write, debug and/or review C and C++ software/firmware.
- A positive, energetic and collaborative attitude necessary to provide support and guidance to peers.
- Familiarity with microcontroller firmware development and debugging tools.
- Experience specifying or designing brushless DC servomotors, e.g. winding parameters.
- CAN bus programming
- EtherCAT programming
- Board level design of sensors such as encoders, including CAN and EtherCAT communication.
- Understanding of CANbus and EtherCAT electrical specifications and hardware requirements.
- Familiarity with common board-level communications protocols such as SPI, I2C, etc.
- Demonstrated experience designing to relevant electrical codes.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.