Be a part of a dynamic team to develop and maintain state-of-the-art Laser Medical Equipment and Smart Therapy Catheters, solving important clinical needs and positively impacting patients, saving lives and limbs.
You are responsible for
- Developing and maintaining Embedded and Service Software for Laser Medical equipment and disposable, Intravascular Catheters
- Providing subject matter expertise in Software Engineering for project teams
- Developing and maintaining software requirements content and traceability
- Performing software risk analysis and contributing to system level risk analysis
- Creating, reviewing, and maintaining software architecture and detailed design documentation
- Creating, Executing, and reviewing Software Test Procedures, Troubleshooting, and System Level Analysis
- Experience in developing Embedded Software for microprocessor controlled Embedded Systems, Electromechanical Sensors, Actuator Interfaces
- Preferred experience in VHSIC Hardware Description Language (VHDL) in support of field programmable gate array (FPGAs) development
- Analysis, disposition, and resolution of internally and externally reported Software Defects
- Software change management and change effects analysis
- Technical oversight of external software development partners and contractors
- Following Quality System procedures and applying industry standards for Software Development Lifecycle Management
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of software engineering best practices
You are a part of
R&D organization dedicated to the delivery and accessibility of important laser and catheter based medical device solutions for Lead Management, Coronary Atherectomy, and Peripheral Atherectomy businesses within Philips Image Guided Therapy Devices. You will belong to a fast-paced, motivated, and collaborative cross-functional project team.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering OR applicable Engineering/Scientific field
- 4 + years’ combined experience in Software Engineering, FW or Embedded systems
- 4 + years experience with C/ C++ and Linux
- Experience with LabView, JAVA, Python, FPGA’s
- Experience in a regulated industry required (medical device development experience along with a solid working knowledge of FDA Quality System Regulations, IEC 62304/82304, ISO 13485, and ISO14971 is preferred) and PEMs experience in IEC 60601-1
- Experience with software quality and reliability practices is desirable
- Ability to work independently and in teams, with a proactive sense of urgency
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience collaborating with external software development partners is highly desirable
In return, we offer you
- The opportunity to learn from our Engineers, Clinicians, Sales Leaders, and other Industry Professionals about our state-of-the-art Laser Systems and disposable products.
- The opportunity to become a highly influential subject matter expert for Software Engineering in our products.
- The opportunity to be among Experts and Leaders in the medical device industry who are dedicated to creating a dynamic, challenging working environment and who will support your continued growth.