" Who we want Effective communicators. People who can interpret information clearly and accurately to concisely communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders, senior management, and their teams.
Accuracy-oriented team leaders. Providing direct oversight of processes and results, managers who ensure accurate and timely completion of projections, forecasts or reporting. Subject matter experts.
Managers who not only oversee the collection, review, and analysis of data but can interpret, translate, and present on all various matters as needed. Talent developers. Growth-oriented managers who recruit and hire top-performing talent and prioritize the development of their team members. Network builders.
Managers who build connections with other teams and divisions and coordinate cross-functional collaboration. Compliance-focused orchestrators.
Managers who carefully oversee people, processes, and deliverables to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures Managers who drive performance.
People who implement process improvements and leverage the talent of their team to consistently increase performance and productivity. Quality-focused team drivers.
People who push their team to deliver the highest quality products and solutions in a timely manner. Insightful advisors. Managers who lead strategy development and provide guidance to teams. Goal-oriented orchestrators.
People who can effectively coordinate and focus the work of skilled employees toward an important goal, prioritizing to the right activities that lead to success.
Metrics-oriented managers. People who are always tracking important business metrics to ensure projects meet expectations and budget.
What you will do Responsible for primary hiring, on-time performance appraisals, coaching/counseling, employee development, and necessary communications to regarding performance issues.
Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the engineering function within appropriate guidelines, policies and regulations.
- Establishes and guides goals and accomplishments of the team/department.
- Responsible for primary hiring, on-time performance appraisals, coaching/counseling, employee development and necessary communications to regarding performance issues.
- Maintains the timeliness of the engineering schedule to insure effective administration of time standard practices.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory and compliance activities within prescribed area.
- Develops status reports and other related communications.
- Operates within budget and organizations guidelines and philosophy by implementing cost reduction programs through value analysis.
- Leads costs reduction effort of the department.
- Serves as the engineering liaison with the marketing and customer service departments.
- Responsible for the drawing and ECO release.
- Plans and coordinates with other engineering areas to ensure the timely and efficient product production.
- Accountable for all record-keeping as appropriate and in accordance with Stryker specifications.
- Works as a key member of an interdisciplinary business team to drive business performance.
- Drive and develop increased team engagement over time.
- Understand organizational need to remove under performers and develop the next generation of leaders.
- Talent Exportation.
- Responsible for establishing the budget and strategic directions achieving goals.
- Expected to handle complex or difficult situations as appropriate.
,What you need
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering or equivalent
- MS/MBA desired.
- At least five (5) years experience working as on successful product development efforts. At least two (2) years of management responsibility. Specific experience in Marketing, or Quality, and/ or Operations is a plus.
- Must be PC literate.
- Time management, project management, reports and budget, stress management, conflict management, re-engineering, customer service, ISO, Windows, advanced computer,
- ERP, statistics, manufacturing process, metrology, auditing, mechanical support, blue print reading, financial systems
- Functional skills - Product knowledge, material flow and paperwork.
- FDA and ISO design and process control systems
- Stryker specific skills - Financial systems, HR system, manufacturing systems, organizational structure and design engineering interface.
- Ability to make decisions impacting team members regarding training, coaching/counseling and appropriate follow-up.
- Ability to make decisions in regards to compliance issues, product reliability and analysis of testing methodologies.
"Work From Home: NoTravel Percentage: None