Purpose: To improve the capabilities and sales of high technology products by expanding the use of the Wave Designer application at both internal and external customers globally.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Utilizes and applies experience in a broad range of fields to understand welding machine development process and interactions between machine design and welding process development/optimization, providing the benefit of this understanding to increase the value proposition of high technology products.
- Collaborates with international customers and internal engineers to develop the wave designer application and supporting templates in order to meet global development requirements
- Manages customer expectations and provides guidance to software application developers in order improve capabilities while simultaneously protecting and growing Lincoln Electric’s intellectual property.
- Provides on-site customer support and conducts periodic customer training
- Requires a high amount of international travel
- Typically works with minimal direct supervision, conferring with R&D and SBU leaders as needed; has appreciable latitude for independent action or decision
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company’s 2025 Strategy.
- Baccalaureate degree in Engineering. Degree in Welding Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5 years engineering experience.
- Processes and applies a broad knowledge of engineering and scientific principles, practices and procedures, within the field of specialization, to the completion of difficult assignments.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and MS PowerPoint, as a minimum.
- Possesses and applies both practical and fundamental understanding of various arc welding processes.
- Experience with Robotic Programming.
- Experience with numerical modeling tools including Matlab is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works effectively in a cross-functional team environment.