We have been retained by a is a world-class leader in the manufacture of optical fiber. Working there means having the opportunity to realize ideas, experience innovation, and discover new solutions for the future.
We are looking for the best and brightest for these R&D Engineer positions in Massachusetts. You will love the location, the people, the company, the work, cost of living, the compensation and quality of life.
Is this you???
We are seeking a self-motivated individual to support the R&D group as we continue development of new optical fiber products and new processes for optical fiber manufacturing. They will immediately be supporting thequalification of new optical fiber products under development. The successful incumbent must have a strong willingness to learn all aspects of optical fiber manufacturing. Reports to the R&D Manager.
• Leading development projects
• Designing and implementing experiments for process improvement projects
• Hands-on troubleshooting
• Writing database queries and performing data analysis
• Presentations to R&D team and management
• Collaboration with the Engineering and Operations teams
Required Education and Skills
• Bachelordegree with >5years work experience or MSdegree with >3years work experience
• Degreein Engineering/Science
• Work experience must be in a similar technical position
• Knowledge of statistical methodologies including SPC and Design of Experiments (DOE), a working knowledge of Six-Sigma is beneficial and a certification is a plus
• Computer skills: MS Office, MS SQL, VBA/VB, Statistical software
• Must be hands-on with a mechanical aptitude
• Ability to read and understand P&ID’s, electrical, and mechanical drawings
• Working knowledge of fiber optics and related applications
• Optical fiber process experience is a plus
• Knowledge of CAD and SolidWorks design tools is beneficial
• Self-motivated, independent worker
• Excellent time-management skills
• Excellent problem solving ability
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Project management experience is a plus
Contact me via email if interested with resume and salary requirements to: code MWCOFSRDE OR if you know a candidate that might be qualified for this role and your refer them we will pay a $500.00 "referral bonus" if your candidate is hired