Job Description and Requirements
Emulation has become indispensable part of SoC designs verification w/ growing design size and complexity. Synopsys is uniquely positioned to offer the most complete verification and continuum emulation solution in the market today. Synopsys Verification Group is looking for an R&D engineer to work on the compiler for its FPGA-based ZEBU emulation platforms.
- Responsible for research and development of logical synthesis, netlist partitioning, placement and routing optimizations for Zebu compiler.
- Responsible for developing, testing and tuning stable ASIC/FPGA CAD/EDA algorithms targeting high quality of results (QoR) such as area, performance, congestion, compile time and power etc.
- Designs, implements, tests, delivers and maintains highly efficient algorithms and data structures.
- Usually developing professional expertise and may apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Exercises judgment to determine appropriate action. Implementations and solutions are reviewed for accuracy and overall adequacy.
- Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- Contacts are primarily within business unit and occasional organizational and external customer contacts on routine matters.
- PhD or master’s degree in electrical and/or Computer Engineering with 5+ years or bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong C++ and problem-solving skills.
- Original research publications in the area of computer engineering / electronic design and verification field is a big plus.
- Proficiency in designing data structures, algorithms, and specs for sophisticated software products.
- Basic EDA knowledge and experience in areas such logical and physical synthesis, RTL, simulation, emulation, formal verification etc.
- Experience with FPGAs is a plus.
- Background in machine learning is a plus.
- Background in netlist optimizations for area, performance, congestion, power etc.
- Digital IC design flows (ASIC and FPGA)
- Skillful in using script languages such as TCL, Perl, Unix shell scripts.
- Experience with developing software into a large code bases desired
- Familiarity with industrial standard SW development and quality practices.
- Results-driven, agility, integrity and teamwork. Desire to learn and explore unfamiliar concepts, tools and techniques.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written. Ability to coordinate discussions with other R&D teams.