Our client is a well established manufacturer in need of an experienced R&D Engineer who will stretch the boundaries in the development of new heating equipment. Think productive "Mad Scientist" who will spend most of his or her time in a the lab developing and testing new ideas. The scope of this position is all encompassing and should appeal to a highly motivated, skilled, hands on Engineer looking to be involved in product development from the ground up. This is a new position and you will report directly to the Vice President of Engineering.
- Thinking "outside the box"
- Designing, building and testing "concept" prototypes
- Evaluating new technologies involving the combustion of fuels including: Natural Gas, LP, Butane, Diesel, Kerosene.
- Work collaboratively in a team orientated environment as well as independently to drive results
- Minimum of a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related degree Course work specifically in the areas of thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, combustion and mechanical design.
- 7+ years of experience in the design and development of Industrial / Commercial type products, including at least some HVAC products
- Knowledge of the function of HVAC systems, Burners, Heat Exchangers, Ignition systems.
- Knowledge of the theory behind combustion of gases and other liquid fuels.
- Preferred experience includes:
- Proficient in 3D CAD design. Solidworks preferred.
- Experience in FEA or CFD analysis would be beneficial.
- Previous hands-on work, Machining, welding, Sheet Metal fabrication, assembling prototypes, performing tests, documenting results.
Bonus target 8%
Health, dental and life insurance
401K with match
Vacation and holidays
Let us move your career forward and apply now. We review all resumes and applications submitted. A member of our staff will reach out to you directly if you meet the qualifications for this role. No sponsorship is available.