Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, build, validate new test device methodology and tools. Characterize device performance and morphology, analyze data to improve next design iteration. Automate test to accelerate data acquisition.
- Develop fabrication processes for state of-the-art diffraction gratings, flat optics DOEs and subwavelength-based metasurfaces.
- Process materials, devise/perform metrology, analyze results to improve/validate processes. Document and transfer demonstrated processes to manufacturing.
- Using strong optics (especially physical optics) understanding and field’s state of the art knowledge to contribute innovations in fabrication and test in response to performance requirements
Education & Experience
- PhD degree in physics or engineering discipline, with experimental emphasis, with a minimum of three years post-PhD experience, industry preferred, post doc accepted.
- Expert in optical device characterization, failure mode analysis and iterative improvement using relevant optics lab metrology for efficiency, point spread function/far field pattern, polarization and other tests etc.
- Expertise with optical device manufacturing using semiconductor manufacturing processes: lithography, deposition, dry etch, wet processes, metrology
- LabView for automation of data acquisition etc.
- Matlab, Python or other programing language
- Desired: Familiarity with ray tracing software packages (Zemax, Code V), RCWA-based diffractive design codes, DOE design using IFTA algorithms
- Ability to acquire expertise in new skill areas independently using resources external to site
- Solid track record of leadership and accomplishments
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment and non-climate-controlled manufacturing facility. Occasional travel may be required.
Safety RequirementsAll employees are required to follow the site EHS procedures and II-VI Corporate EHS standards.
Quality and Environmental Responsibilities
Depending on location, this position may be responsible for the execution and maintenance of the ISO 9000, 9001, 14001 and/or other applicable standards that may apply to the relevant roles and responsibilities within the Quality Management System and Environmental Management System.