Job Description and Requirements
Synopsys Verification Group is looking for an R&D engineer to work on the performance and clock processing aspects of its ZeBu emulation platform.
- Responsible for research and development of clock processing related optimizations.
- Responsible for understanding performance aspects in ZeBu and identifying opportunities to improve it further.
- Responsible for developing, testing, and tuning stable ASIC/FPGA algorithms targeting high quality of results (QoR) such as area, performance, congestion, compile time and power etc.
- Designs, implements, tests, delivers, and maintains highly efficient algorithms and data structures.
- Usually developing professional expertise and may apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Exercises judgment to determine appropriate action. Implementations and solutions are reviewed for accuracy and overall adequacy.
- Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- Contacts are primarily within business unit and occasional organizational and external customer contacts on routine matters.
- PhD or master’s degree in electrical and/or Computer Engineering with 10+ years or bachelor’s degree with 12+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong C++ and problem-solving skills.
- Original research publications in the area of computer engineering / electronic design and verification field is a big plus.
- Proficiency in designing data structures, algorithms, and specs for sophisticated software products.
- Basic EDA knowledge and experience in areas such logical and physical synthesis, RTL, simulation, emulation, formal verification etc.
- Experience with FPGAs is a plus.
- Background in netlist optimizations for area, performance, congestion, power etc. will be a plus.
- Digital IC design flows (ASIC and FPGA)
- Skillful in using script languages such as TCL, Python, Perl, Unix shell scripts.
- Experience with developing software into a large code bases desired
- Familiarity with industrial standard SW development and quality practices.
- Results-driven, agility, integrity and teamwork. Desire to learn and explore unfamiliar concepts, tools and techniques.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written. Ability to coordinate discussions with other R&D teams.
At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.