Diversity - Innovation - Caring - Global Collaboration - Winning Spirit - Caring - High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we'll give you the opportunity to harness all that's within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we'll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you'll be supported in progressing - whatever your ambitions.
This opportunity is for an R&D Engineer supporting sustaining engineering Atherectomy projects within the Interventional Cardiology division. Project focus will include supporting product lines for both single-use devices and capital equipment used for tissue ablation. Day-to-day work will include a variety of design-related activities including driving key design changes, assessing process improvements or supplier changes for design impact, and root cause analysis for complaint reduction. Key Responsibilities:
- Participates in and/or leads projects to drive organizational initiatives that deliver performance and process improvements across a variety of sustaining engineering projects involving complex electro-mechanical, pneumatic, hardware and software systems
- Fully participates in and successfully contributes to project teams typically including the following activities: product design and development, test of materials, establishment of specifications, report preparation, and test documentation.
- Analyzes, synthesizes, and summarizes data communicating key product and business insights for leadership and stakeholders
- Works independently to plan and schedule own activities necessary to meet timelines.
- Designs and coordinates standard engineering tests and experiments.
- Designs, procures, and fabricates tooling and fixtures.
- Performs troubleshooting on new products/process problems as related to design, material, or process.
- Leads product non-conformance and complaint investigations
- Prepares standard reports/documentation to communicate results to technical community.
- Responsible for engineering documentation including product specifications and design drawings .
- Invents/creates concepts and designs for new products or product improvements , and submits idea disclosures.
- May train and/or provide work direction to technicians.
- Works cooperatively with operations, quality, regulatory, supplier engineering, marketing, and other functions to ensure project success.
- Works effectively with team members across multiple sites and various regions of the world, as well as internal/external partners as necessary to achieve project objectives
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to all documented quality processes and procedure
- BS degree in Mechanical, Biomedical or a related Engineering field with 2+ years experience or 1+ year with MS degree or higher.
- Experience with complex medical device systems
- Experience with IEC 60601-1 Safety and EMC, RoHS/REACH, among other common electronic equipment and medical device compliance standards
- Experience with sustaining engineering and commercial supportMedical device design experience preferred.
- Highly self-motivated and able to manage schedule to meet critical deadlines
- Independent thinker and skilled problem solver
- Excellent organizational, communication, and collaboration skills
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most - united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do - as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn't just business, it's personal. And if you're a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.Nearest Major Market:
Minneapolis Job Segment:
Medical, Engineer, Compliance, R&D Engineer, Healthcare, Engineering, Legal, Research