$80K — $100K *
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is seeking a Researcher/Scientist to join our R&D Analytical team at the Houston Technology Center (HTC) located in the Houston, TX area. HTC functions as the Research and Development (R&D) Center for Lyondell Chemical Company's Intermediates and Derivatives (I&D) and Olefins Businesses. As a member of our team, you will support HTC in reaching our objectives of improving catalyst and process technologies and provide technical support to our manufacturing and business organizations.
• Utilize analytical knowledge to innovate and solve problems related to chemical research and process development, specifically in the area of elemental analysis.
• Provide technical leadership in the areas of ICP, XRF, XRD and SEM/EDS analysis applied to chemicals and catalysts.
• Directing the work of 1-2 lab technicians and/or specialists in conducting routine and non-routine sample analyses. Champion safety by leading by example, and conducting and participating in work place safety meetings.
• Maintain equipment in good operating condition and develop capital plans to replace or upgrade the equipment.
• Ensure that all lab procedures are well-documented and communicated with the highest attention to personnel safety.
• Remain current on key analytical developments in order to introduce advanced analytical methods
• Participate in internal expert groups to leverage best practices.
• Maintain regular communications with management to ensure alignment with R&D objectives.
• Minimum BS in Chemistry or related discipline with minimum of 6-8 years relevant academic and/or industrial experience, PhD preferred. A strong background in ICP/OES/MS and XRF spectroscopy with at least 3-5 years experience in chemical sample analysis and preparation techniques is required.
• Advanced application knowledge of ICP/OES/MS and XRF spectroscopy with experience in organic sample analysis and preparation techniques is required. Experience with AA, XRD and SEM/EDS is highly desired.
• Demonstrated technical expertise through journal articles, reports, presentations, posters, and/or patents.
• Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills and innovation.
• Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able to work independently to develop and implement new Analytical methods.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities while meeting critical deadlines
• Strong team player.
• Compliance with all safety standards, practices, and requirements
• An employee working in this job will be expected to sit and stand 90% of their 8-hour shift. The employee does have the ability to take breaks as needed and will be required to stand, sit, squat, stop, and/or kneel for various administrative tasks. Should be able to lift or move 50 lbs.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
Valid through: 4/20/2021